Author Topic: Hiperfire 24 Trigger  (Read 499 times)

Offline Grasshopper

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Professional Infidel
  • Central MN
    • View Profile
Hiperfire 24 Trigger
« on: 29 Jan 2014 - 19:06:50 »
So PSA had a deal on these for 189 with a LPK, so I figured I'd try it. And I'm very happy I did. Installed it in a Spikes Tactical receiver.
This is the smoothest and lightest trigger I've ever shot. I have experience with Timney, Geisselle, and Rock River Arms' 2 stage, as well as good ol' reliable milspec hammer bars.
The hiperfire is a single stage, so it doesn't have that harder pull just before the break that makes the hammer fall, so you don't do the "prediction flich". I would not recommend the lightest setting for a hunting application, cuz it's actually scary light. Good news is it comes with 3 sets of springs to adjust the weight of the pull between a claimed 2 (I think it's even lighter than that) and 4 pounds if you wanna beef it up a little if you're hunting in the cold and need gloves.
Installation is mostly standard fare with the exception of the 2 "lever springs I call them" and took me approximately 45 to put in.
Here's their promotion you tube video, and I will add pics of my kit and installed in the lower.
A gun is like a woman, It's all how you hold her.
-Aaron Lewis

Offline Grasshopper

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Professional Infidel
  • Central MN
    • View Profile
Re: Hiperfire 24 Trigger
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2014 - 19:14:09 »
Pictures of the trigger kit you receive and what it looks like installed in a prairie dog killin' machine.
-Aaron Lewis

Offline saxd45

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
  • Southern Georgia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2014 - 19:34:57 »
I have been watching these triggers in several reviews on youtube and they look very promising. The model I have seen mostly is the Hyperfire 24C. Is your trigger the original hyperfire? Also how short is the reset?

Offline Grasshopper

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Professional Infidel
  • Central MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2014 - 19:52:18 »
Mine is the standard 24, not the C model. I wanted a curved trigger, not the straight one on the C model. Reset is shorter than a standard milspec and you can definitely feel when it clicks back in if you're taking your time with your shots from a bench.
Reset is actually shorter on the 2 stage RRA that I have, but that's to be expected.
-Aaron Lewis

Offline OldGreyBeast

• U.S.S. Legend
  • pew pew pew
  • stab stab stab
    • View Profile
    • 47 MasoN 47's YouTube
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2014 - 06:22:57 »
What Geisselle triggers have you tried?  I have a super 3 gun in my M4 and can't imagine a smoother, lighter trigger than that.  This thing definitely looks interesting though.
Just another cog in the murder machine

Visit my YouTube channel! - www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47

Offline Super Virgil

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • 'Stainless' 3%er
  • Independence, Missouri
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2014 - 18:14:12 »
You have one of your springs on that trigger in wrong. I say that because I saw a picture and i really had to look at it to see what was wrong. check out their web site man. it can explain it better than me.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." ~ Optimus Prime

3%er

Offline Grasshopper

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Professional Infidel
  • Central MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2014 - 18:56:55 »
must have been the camera, I double and triple checked, it's correct, and it works awesome.
OGB, I used the Geisselle SSA trigger. Very nice and really clean break on it. But the 24 is lighter.
-Aaron Lewis

Offline OldGreyBeast

• U.S.S. Legend
  • pew pew pew
  • stab stab stab
    • View Profile
    • 47 MasoN 47's YouTube
« Reply #7 on: 01 Feb 2014 - 08:34:45 »
I have the SSA in my DMR gun, i like it quite a bit but the S3G is unlike any trigger I've ever used.  There's no break at all, it's just a smooth motion.  You can just sortof "waggle" the trigger and do insane doubles with it.  It even comes with a warning saying it may bump fire, lol.  It comes with a 3 and 5 lb spring.  I'd be interested to see how this runs against a S3G.
Just another cog in the murder machine

Visit my YouTube channel! - www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47

Offline Grasshopper

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Professional Infidel
  • Central MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 Feb 2014 - 18:52:45 »
O yea, the M&P 10 has one of these bad boys in it now also.
I don't know if I'm turning into a fanboy or if these triggers are just THAT good.
I find something I like and I stick with it: Magpul furniture and magazines, Hiperfire triggers, and Midwest Industries free float tubes are some of the things I wish I could afford on ALL my modern sporting rifles.
The independent reviews are out there guys, If you can swing the cabbage, buy one of these and try it out.
-Aaron Lewis