Author Topic: Pay for shipping  (Read 1841 times)

Offline fudd

• U.S.S. Legend
  • n/e Ohio
    • View Profile
Pay for shipping
« on: 13 Dec 2013 - 20:52:19 »

Survival Life ยท Suggested Post

FREE EverStryke Perma-match! http://t.survivallife.com/permanent-match-13789

Need a light? Or out of matches? Get your FREE EverStryke permanent match and always have a fire source at your finger tips! Click here ==> http://t.survivallife.com/permanent-match-13789

($2.95 S&H Not Included)

FREE EverStryke Perma-match! http://t.survivallife.com/permanent-match-13789 Need a light? Or out of matches? Get your FREE EverStryke permanent match and always have a fire source at your finger tips! Click here ==> http://t.survivallife.com/permanent-match-13789 ($2.95 S&H Not Included)
Don't talk to strangers.... unless you know them really well.

Offline Hamster

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Class Clown
  • Rome, GA
    • View Profile
Re: Pay for shipping
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2013 - 02:18:30 »
I had one of those YEARS ago that I got with "Camel Cash". They work great!
Don't talk about what you have done (or what you
are going to do). Do it and let it speak for itself.

Offline morayman

• U.S.S. Expert
  • Sebring,Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2013 - 10:51:31 »
I ordered one for a stocking stuffer,but I had to get hammered by all kinds of demands to join the "Lamplighters Society" a bunch of survival publications and you can't get the match thing until you listen to all that B.S. morayman.......
In school you get the lesson and then take the test ...
In life you take the test and then get the lesson.

Reagan said it best (paraphrase) "Politics is the world's second-oldest profession, and I've come to learn that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized
nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police
more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
--Adolf Hitler, 1935.

Offline fudd

• U.S.S. Legend
  • n/e Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2013 - 16:44:18 »
I ordered one for a stocking stuffer,but I had to get hammered by all kinds of demands to join the "Lamplighters Society" a bunch of survival publications and you can't get the match thing until you listen to all that B.S. morayman.......
thanks for the info.....crap,ain't nothing easy anymore. :brow:

Offline HiPoint45

• U.S.S. Legend
  • When you say clip..you've said it all.
  • Wyoming
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2013 - 18:28:31 »
I ordered one for myself yeah there's one of those "you must have this info" pitches that ya got a sit through, took maybe 15 mins I just said no to everything and then a confirmation came up that the perma match is on the way. I consider watching their pitch a fair trade sort of like a time share weekend lol.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face โ€“ for ever.-1984

"It's called the American dream, cause you have to be asleep to believe it."-George Carlin

Offline 69burbon

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
  • KD8QQC
  • Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2013 - 18:49:15 »
I ordered one and sat through the BS.    I wouldn't mind getting the books but just don't have the resources to spend it right now.  Heck, just looking at their sales pitch probably upped my profile on someones watch list!!!!   Mission accomplished!
No trees were harmed in the entering of this post but innumerable electrons were severely inconvenienced!!!

Offline .40cal

• Idaho
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2013 - 22:36:14 »
Cool idea, as long as there is fuel to fill it with.

For short term emergencies this thing will be worth it's weight in gold, though.

Unless, of course, you have to ability to produce and purify ethanol.

That said, I ordered one anyway. "But wait, there's more!"
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2013 - 22:54:08 by .40cal »
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline HiPoint45

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Wyoming
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2013 - 21:04:53 »
Well I got it, it isn't the nice square seemingly metal one with the quick release key ring like this:

Its a round feels like plastic tube with a crappy key ring like this:

Package says its good for 15000 lights I guess its ok for the $2.95 but not like the one they show in the OP link.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face โ€“ for ever.-1984

"It's called the American dream, cause you have to be asleep to believe it."-George Carlin

Offline .40cal

• Idaho
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2013 - 00:52:33 »
Got mine about a week ago or so. Mine is the square one. It is very small. 1 1/8 inches by 1 7/8 inches (to top of striker sticking out). Has the metal key fob clip thingy on it.

HiPoint45, I don't know about yours, but mine feels...fragile. Definitely not intended for hard use. I don't have any lighter fluid ATM, so I can only make sparks right now. Smells like lighter fluid, though, but not saturated enough to ignite.

Offline morayman

• U.S.S. Expert
  • Sebring,Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2013 - 07:34:11 »
I got mine in time to put in the stocking.It's not bad,I think it's a useful tool for what it costs.morayman...........
In school you get the lesson and then take the test ...
In life you take the test and then get the lesson.

Reagan said it best (paraphrase) "Politics is the world's second-oldest profession, and I've come to learn that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized
nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police
more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
--Adolf Hitler, 1935.

Offline HiPoint45

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Wyoming
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 Dec 2013 - 15:07:07 »
Got mine about a week ago or so. Mine is the square one. It is very small. 1 1/8 inches by 1 7/8 inches (to top of striker sticking out). Has the metal key fob clip thingy on it.

HiPoint45, I don't know about yours, but mine feels...fragile. Definitely not intended for hard use. I don't have any lighter fluid ATM, so I can only make sparks right now. Smells like lighter fluid, though, but not saturated enough to ignite.

Yes thats what I meant by crappy plastic, not for hard use but for $3 bucks its another fire option I filled mine with Ronson let it sit overnight and it fired up a flame on first strike so that part works fine. I'm going to wrap it in a cloth and put it in a ziplock bag and turn it different ways for a day or two to check its seal I won't trust it in a pocket or bag until I do that because it does feel cheap.

Offline fudd

• U.S.S. Legend
  • n/e Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 Jan 2014 - 06:29:14 »

Yes thats what I meant by crappy plastic, not for hard use but for $3 bucks its another fire option I filled mine with Ronson let it sit overnight and it fired up a flame on first strike so that part works fine. I'm going to wrap it in a cloth and put it in a ziplock bag and turn it different ways for a day or two to check its seal I won't trust it in a pocket or bag until I do that because it does feel cheap.
Years back I carried a Zippo. Had it leak a few times and burn the ol' ball sack. :'( :'(

Online TacticalJHP

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Ashland Ky
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 Jan 2014 - 15:56:34 »
Well, i got mine in.

It seems tiny to me, but i have big hands and most things seem tiny.

I have no complaints about the construction. seems to be made just fine.

Burns like hell too.

It's my Christmas present to myself. I'm happy.  :)

"Take yer hat off boy, that's a dollar bill!"

Offline 69burbon

• KD8QQC
  • Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 Jan 2014 - 20:21:30 »
I got mine a couple days ago.  It is the round one too and I agree, you get what you pay for.  Mine seems to leak somewhat but not enough to cause an issue.   Seems to be pretty wind proof too.   I may get out this weekend and play with it a bit to put it through its paces. 
No trees were harmed in the entering of this post but innumerable electrons were severely inconvenienced!!!

Offline .40cal

• Idaho
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jan 2014 - 21:50:19 »
I got mine a couple days ago.  It is the round one too and I agree, you get what you pay for.  Mine seems to leak somewhat but not enough to cause an issue.   Seems to be pretty wind proof too.   I may get out this weekend and play with it a bit to put it through its paces. 
Speaking of leaking...I was at our storage units today looking for my 20# propane tank. In my rootings, I found a leftover can of lighter fluid. I used to have one of those Jon-e hand warmers. Anyway, just filled my little flint lighter, replaced the cap, and it ran out the top. When I filled it, I could see fluid down towards the bottom of the lighter. Around maybe a half inch from the bottom. Apparently that is too much, so I dumped it. Either it didn't take long to re-saturate the filler, or there aint much to saturate. Works as advertised, though.

Tac, it's not just you. It is a rather tiny gadget.