Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Ah Master of Google Fu
« Last post by Corelogik on 11 Dec 2017 - 01:12:05 »
Yes, I wanted around the paywall thing.  It was not interesting enough to me to get a subscription or such.

Nemo

:thumbsup:
« Last post by Nemo on 10 Dec 2017 - 15:41:52 »
Yes, I wanted around the paywall thing.  It was not interesting enough to me to get a subscription or such.

Nemo
« Last post by Corelogik on 10 Dec 2017 - 15:28:28 »
If your asking if there's a way around the paywall, no, not directly. However, Google Fu allows us to find the same article, more or less, on other non-paywalled sources in addition to the original scientific paper that the Telegraph.UK article is based on;

Big Think

Science Alert

Nature.com Original Scientific Paper Publication

If your asking something else, then I'm lost and have no idea.
General Discussion / Ah Master of Google Fu
« Last post by Nemo on 09 Dec 2017 - 06:13:01 »
2A / Politics / Religion / Re: More Attention, More Action
« Last post by writerinmo on 07 Dec 2017 - 15:36:58 »
Nothing wrong with HR4477. It's the "all I need is the 2nd Amendment" and the "Don't vote for anything sponsored by a democrat" people who are crying over this. I consider it to be more of a "Make the gun control we have work as designed" bill rather than an actual anti-gun bill.
I read through HR4477, the NICS bill that the Dems and a lot of Republicans attached. I honestly don't see any problems with it, there's a TON of bad info making the circuits however. Like if you have unpaid parking tickets and have a warrant out for you, it'll deny you, that it will add millions of people to the list with no recourse to appeal, both of which aren't true. It does however put the onus on the Feds to review an appeal for a false positive in no longer than 60 days, which beats the hell out of the current "Well, maybe we'll even bother to look at your appeal". It also forces the different judicial districts to file a report every six months that they have indeed reported everyone who's info and status needs to be updated for denial for being convicted of a felony, or of a misdemeanor count of domestic violence.

On Facebook, had a fellow claim that if he had unpaid parking tickets that they could deny his purchase, I commented that if he had enough unpaid parking tickets for it to be a felony, he shouldn't be allowed to purchase a firearm anyways...
2A / Politics / Religion / Re: Keep Those Phones Going
« Last post by dahed on 07 Dec 2017 - 07:56:33 »
2A / Politics / Religion / Keep Those Phones Going
« Last post by Nemo on 06 Dec 2017 - 06:27:53 »
on the National Reciprocity bill.

Nemo

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/12/national-reciprocity-vote-in-house-this-week-but-there-is-a-twist/

National Reciprocity Vote In House This Week, But There Is A Twist…
Ammoland Inc. Posted on December 5, 2017 by Philip Van Cleave

Virginia – -(Ammoland.com)- National Concealed Carry Reciprocity, H.R. 38, is up for a vote ON WEDNESDAY in the U.S. House of Representatives!

However, there is a twist. I received a call from one of Virginia's Representatives letting me know that Republican leadership has combined H.R. 38 with H.R. 4434 (which is the “Fix NICS Act”).

So both bills will either pass or fail with the same vote. 🙁

After conferring with the Virginia Citizens Defense League Board and one of our attorneys, Virginia Citizens Defense League is going to continue supporting H.R. 38, even when combined with H.R. 4434.

The combined bill is supported by at least two national gun rights organizations: Gun Owners of America and the NRA. The idea is that gun owners will gain far more by having National Reciprocity than would be lost to the bad parts of the Fix NICS component.

There are various theories floating around as to whether combining the bills is either a good strategy that will help get National Reciprocity onto the President's desk or a horrible strategy that will only get the Fix NICS bill on his desk. Should National Reciprocity die in the Senate, but Fix NICS survive, we will then contact our Representatives to kill the Fix NICS bill and also ask the President to veto the Fix NICS bill unless National Reciprocity is also put on his desk.

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) is working to get an amendment to improve the Fix NICS part of the bill. That would be an ideal solution.

Virginia Citizens Defense League will push CCRKBA's amendment to Fix NICS once we know which Representative is carrying it and once we can verify the wording.

You will be updated once I know more about the CCRKBA's proposed amendments, hopefully on Tuesday. You will also be updated on the disposition of H.R. 38 once I find out how the vote went on Wednesday.

About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):

Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.
Survival / Re: 3 Bs Plus 2
« Last post by Nemo on 05 Dec 2017 - 18:06:55 »
I'm so sick of hearing threats from North Korea. That power hungry idiot and his military need to be erased immediately.

Agree with that completely.  But he now has nukes capable of reaching the entire US.  Reentry is a problem so he can just go with a high altitude EMP burst.

Then we are all really screwed.  No more USS online.

Nemo
2A / Politics / Religion / Re: More Attention, More Action
« Last post by Nemo on 05 Dec 2017 - 13:20:36 »
More info on this.  Either way, get those phones and fingers working.

Nemo

VCDL President <president@vcdl.org>
Yesterday, 8:34 PMYou
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Not yet a Virginia Citizens Defense League member? Join VCDL at: https://vcdl.org/join
VCDL's calendar: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings
Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.html
VA-ALERT archives:  http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/727/=now

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity, H.R. 38, is up for a vote ON WEDNESDAY in the U.S. House of Representatives!

However, there is a twist.  I received a call from one of Virginia's Representatives letting me know that Republican leadership has combined H.R. 38 with H.R. 4434 (which is the "Fix NICS Act").  So both bills will either pass or fail with the same vote.  :-(

After conferring with the VCDL Board and one of our attorneys, VCDL is going to continue supporting H.R. 38, even when combined with H.R. 4434.

The combined bill is supported by at least two national gun rights organizations:  Gun Owners of America and the NRA.  The idea is that gun owners will gain far more by having National Reciprocity than would be lost to the bad parts of the Fix NICS component.

There are various theories floating around as to whether combining the bills is either a good strategy that will help get National Reciprocity onto the President's desk or a horrible strategy that will only get the Fix NICS bill on his desk.  Should National Reciprocity die in the Senate, but Fix NICS survive, we will then contact our Representatives to kill the Fix NICS bill and also ask the President to veto the Fix NICS bill unless National Reciprocity is also put on his desk.

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) is working to get an amendment to improve the Fix NICS part of the bill.  That would be an ideal solution.

VCDL will push CCRKBA's amendment to Fix NICS once we know which Representative is carrying it and once we can verify the wording.

You will be updated once I know more about the CCRKBA's proposed amendments, hopefully on Tuesday.  You will also be updated on the disposition of H.R. 38 once I find out how the vote went on Wednesday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10