Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Would This Cut an 80% Lower?
« Last post by Hamster on 23 Apr 2017 - 14:12:13 »
But a stripped lower requires a SN and 4473.

Nemo

Yeah...............sorry. That slipped my mind for just a moment.
So...........I'll go back to my previous comment.............the drill press. Lower speed than a router plus, easier to see exactly where you're cutting and how deep. If you don't want to spend big bucks on a full size press, there are table top versions available that you can attach a standard hand held electric drill to for about $30 to $50.
« Last post by Nemo on 23 Apr 2017 - 12:09:47 »
But a stripped lower requires a SN and 4473.

Nemo
« Last post by Hamster on 23 Apr 2017 - 08:40:06 »
I think I would prefer a drill press with a milling bit on it. With that and a proper jig, at least you'd have better control. If you don't already have the tools though, wouldn't it be better to just buy a stripped 100% lower? The prices have come down a lot on them.
« Last post by CamoDeafie on 23 Apr 2017 - 02:29:06 »
Better off getting a CNC router and a jig for the metal 80% lowers. I think 5-D jigs are one of the better ones out there, been following a thread on a local gun forum about that jig...seems it allows user to use a handheld router to finish; but me being me.. I prefer something bench-mounted ;)
Centerfire / Walmart ammo prices are very confusing
« Last post by Hamster on 22 Apr 2017 - 17:39:51 »
The 2 that confuse me the most are, the price difference between TulAmmo (steel cased) and Federal ammo (brass cased).
With 9mm.........TulAmmo 115 gr. FMJ's are $10.97 for a 50 round box while Federal, is $9.97. This works for me just fine since my local indoor range doesn't allow steel anything..........doesn't matter if it's the case or bullet or both and I'd rather use Federal anyway.

380ACP on the other hand........TulAmmo is $14.97. Looking at the 9mm prices, you'd think the Federal would be a little cheaper but, that's not the case. It's actually $3 higher at $17.97. WTF is up with that???

So..............I ended up having to order some online at a little over $11 per box and the only thing that really made it worth my while was, free shipping but.............now I have to wait.
General Discussion / Re: Need help in Alaska
« Last post by AGuyNamedMike on 21 Apr 2017 - 12:39:27 »
On the way!  Should arrive Wednesday or Thursday.
2A / Politics / Religion / Re: Methinks Bad Stuff Could Occur Soon
« Last post by DIPISC on 21 Apr 2017 - 10:50:15 »
Hi;

China will keep N. Korea in order and have them stand down.  China does not want bombs falls near the Chinese border. Already China is worried about refugees streaming across the border and does not want to take care of them.

So far, China is refusing N. Korean coal and stopping the flow of Chinese oil to N. Korea. A regime change may be in N. Korea's future.     Little Kim may be reported as sick and never heard from again !
2A / Politics / Religion / Re: Most Interesting Summer
« Last post by DIPISC on 21 Apr 2017 - 10:42:05 »
Hi;

Personally, I believe the next nominee will be a Conservative   WOMAN  !   Then let the Dem's blast her and smear her. What do you think a lot ( not all ) Dem Women would say/do to Schumer and cronies ?  There were 2 women on Trumps long list. Would the nuclear act have to be used on/about a woman and would the loony lib's survive that ?

Trump will get a 3rd and maybe even a 4th Justice to nominate in the next 3 years - let them be males if needed !

Saw a news report of a open Hall Meeting for Feinstein in Kalifornia, she was getting booed by her own people and called a "Hawk".  The Dem's are starting to implode.

Now if only the Reps/Conservatives can get their act together for 2018.
« Last post by Hamster on 21 Apr 2017 - 07:44:40 »
New at the dealer or new to me?

Nemo

20 grand on the low end and they only go up from there.
2A / Politics / Religion / Re: Methinks Bad Stuff Could Occur Soon
« Last post by Nemo on 20 Apr 2017 - 18:17:44 »
Yes I do read Tyler Turdin.  But I also believe that if he can detonate one functional nuke anywhere near the US the handbasket would be speeding down the hill with nothing to steer it anywhere in the world.

Are there "cooler heads" in Russia, China and the US?  Let alone Iran and Syria.

Nemo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10