Author Topic: Somebody better talk me out of it.  (Read 986 times)

Offline CroCopitateya

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
  • Beast Mode
    • View Profile
Somebody better talk me out of it.
« on: 12 Sep 2011 - 20:12:48 »
http://www.outdoorbunker.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=(NCS-CS-)&Click=36651&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=GoogleBase

Or else I'm going to buy this just for fun. Not for hunting purposes. I just can't afford a 300 dollar one right now and if I could spend that, I'd buy a gun anyway. Thoughts on it?
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Courage isn't about not being scared. It's about being scared and doing it anyway.

It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

"Right leg, hospital. Left leg, cemetery."- Cro Cop

I'm willing to spend $5800 on a machine gun, but **** spending $100 on a socket set.

Offline tdwhite03

• View Profile
    • TDL Services
Re: Somebody better talk me out of it.
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2011 - 20:18:04 »
I have an older wooden stock crossbow it is a blast to play with. For less than 50 bucks you will have some fun!

Offline gunforhire

• U.S.S. Legend
  • If all else fails, smash the **** out of it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2011 - 20:20:33 »
I say get it.  looks like fun!

Offline 911JB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2011 - 06:51:46 »
 I went through the crossbow stage a while back. I went out and bought a Barnett Demon and a cheep little pistol style and plenty of arrows for both. Well 350 bucks later I was ready to start playing. First shot with the rifle just about took the tips of my fingers off with the string. WOW did that hurt. I forgot that the string was so low and I did not keep my fingertips down on the forearm. Lesson learned . It was fun at first but it was slow reloading and quickly became more work than fun.
 Next I gabbed the pistol and started shooting. It was much faster to reload, but the accuracy was a joke. @ 5 - 7 yards I was doing ok but anything farther than that and I was lucky if the arrow hit the target straight enough to stick.
 All in all I have much more fun shooting my compound bow than I ever did with either crossbow, so a month after I bought it I sent it down the road. The friend that just had to have it when I sold it felt the same way I did and sold it just a couple months after he bought it.
 Using it as a "toy" I was very disappointed. I can see there use as a hunting device [where state laws allow] and would actually give one a try if my state would allow them.
Firearms have two enemies,
Rust & Politicians!

Offline bullseye

• U.S.S. Marksman
  • For Whom the Bell Tolls
    • View Profile
    • grabngotube.com
« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2011 - 07:09:12 »
I cannot talk you out of it either lol, I say get it :P
profirearm.com
grabngotube.com