Author Topic: Mathews Switchback XT  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Grasshopper

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Professional Infidel
    • View Profile
Mathews Switchback XT
« on: 11 Sep 2012 - 08:52:21 »
Let me start by saying I have no knowledge of bows except for what I have read on the interwebs and heard guys talking about. But, the FIL is a hard core bow hunter and I was thinking Id like to give it a try. Bow hunters get a three month season here in MN and I think it will be more of a challenge to get a deer at 50 yards with a bow compared to 200 yards with a rifle.
I found this (http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/spo/3258338738.html) on craigslist and buddy tells me its a fair deal and has everything I need to take it out in the woods and start hunting.
Is this a good bow for me to get? I'm 6' 2" and in decent shape (if round is a shape).
Comments? Advice?
A gun is like a woman, It's all how you hold her.
-Aaron Lewis

Offline Corelogik

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Digital Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Rambling's of a Geek,...
Re: Mathews Switchback XT
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2012 - 08:57:38 »
Don't know nothing about it, but you've yet again reminded me I need to get a decent bow. Time to do some research,...

:armed_liberty:

= U.S.S. XXXX Slings, Coming Soon! =

"Hey you, out of the gene pool. NOW!"
"Our shields can't repel ignorance of that magnitude!"
"Somethings are true, whether you believe them or not,..."
"Always remember, 'Mil-Spec' is a MINIMUM requirement. Built by the lowest bidder,..."

Offline ajole

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2012 - 10:07:34 »
Heard good things about them.  You'd spend a lot more getting that bow and the accessories. :thumbsup:
Guns are like potato chips...you can't have just one.

Offline Deymorin

• U.S.S. Legend
  • This is my avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2012 - 11:38:36 »
Need to call a bowyer that sells matthews and ask them matthews are good bows but with any bow it needs to be setup to fit you.
When I bend air my wife grabs the lysol

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

BTW, I'm Christian, but I do not claim denomination, nor will I defend my beliefs. I believe what I believe, and I don't care what you belive, I only care about how you live and if you're a person I'd be willing to take a bullet for. Beyond that, I really don't give a ****.       Primalseal