Author Topic: Ok, I'm about to go kill a Moose and a Grizzly with my bow...  (Read 2332 times)

Offline PrimalSeal

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
Who wants to come with me? The doc said I can't shoot guns, but she didn't say **** about shooting my bow.... SO, I got a 4 day weekend coming up, nothing better to do and tomorrow is payday. I think I'm gonna make the drive to Fairbanks and hang out with RG_86 *wife willing* and see if we can put something on the ground.
"I'd rather be frozen and free, than warm and enslaved." ~RG_86 in a discussion about the difference between Alaska and California.

C'mon Hobbes, if you lend me a buck, I'll buy you a comic book. ~Calvin

I got a fever and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!!!     ~Bruce Dickenson

Offline 69burbon

• U.S.S. Expert
  • KD8QQC
    • View Profile
Re: Ok, I'm about to go kill a Moose and a Grizzly with my bow...
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2011 - 20:28:48 »
good plan!!!   do it while ya can.  Good luck.
No trees were harmed in the entering of this post but innumerable electrons were severely inconvenienced!!!

Offline gunforhire

• U.S.S. Legend
  • If all else fails, smash the **** out of it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2011 - 20:40:54 »
I wants to but I cant's go :'(  good luck Primal!  And remember, the magic word is JERKY!   :D

Offline RG_86

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2011 - 20:44:06 »
ohhhh can I go too???.............LOL I cant wait. I may have to do some work on friday but it wont be a big deal. we will be hunting while driving so its all good.
Love your family, Pray for your country, Load your ammo.

You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.

Offline PrimalSeal

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 Sep 2011 - 06:39:07 »
Dude, I'm pretty much good for Friday next week, but Monday is a no go. Think we can do what we gotta do in 3 days instead of 4? Caribou, moose and black/grizzly bear?
"I'd rather be frozen and free, than warm and enslaved." ~RG_86 in a discussion about the difference between Alaska and California.

I got a fever and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!!!     ~Bruce Dickenson

Offline fudd

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 Sep 2011 - 05:57:50 »
Good luck to all the hunters out there. +1 to GFH on the jerky. I've had beef and deer, that's all.
Don't talk to strangers.... unless you know them really well.

Offline Stryker1

• U.S.S. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 Sep 2011 - 13:14:40 »
I hate both Primal and RG_86..... Just saying.

RG_86 just kidding bud... I dont know you.... But Primal... You know the deal lol lol

Offline 2TN Mules

• Global Moderator
  • Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 Sep 2011 - 15:46:30 »
I'd love to go do any of that hunting except the bear bow hunting. Absolutely no way I'd hunt bear with my skills with a bow.

Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. - Woodrow F. Call
Civility is not a sign of weakness. - JFK

Offline Deymorin

• U.S.S. Legend
  • This is my avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 Sep 2011 - 18:07:03 »
I'd love to go do any of that hunting except the bear bow hunting. Absolutely no way I'd hunt bear with my skills with a bow.

I dont think Iwould with Byron Ferusons skillwith a bow, but thats just me Ima  puss ???
When I bend air my wife grabs the lysol

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

BTW, I'm Christian, but I do not claim denomination, nor will I defend my beliefs. I believe what I believe, and I don't care what you belive, I only care about how you live and if you're a person I'd be willing to take a bullet for. Beyond that, I really don't give a ****.       Primalseal

Offline PrimalSeal

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2011 - 05:43:51 »

RG_86 just kidding bud... I dont know you.... But Primal... You know the deal lol lol

Had you said anything else, I'd think you'd lost your mind. I love you too brother, and I miss you, the wife and the kids like nobody's business. Ok, enough sappy ****, I'm about to cry. ;)

Mules, you ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't at least try to take a bear with a bow. I'm man enough to stand up to the challenge, where yat?

Offline 2TN Mules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2011 - 16:10:36 »

Had you said anything else, I'd think you'd lost your mind. I love you too brother, and I miss you, the wife and the kids like nobody's business. Ok, enough sappy ****, I'm about to cry. ;)

Mules, you ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't at least try to take a bear with a bow. I'm man enough to stand up to the challenge, where yat?

Consider my arse hairless then. For bear I want gunpowder, heavy lead, and elevation.

Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. - Woodrow F. Call

Offline fudd

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2011 - 17:59:22 »
Mules. I got a prime time seat for Primals bow/bear hunt. It's called Ohio. Feel free to come join me. ;)
Don't talk to strangers.... unless you know them really well.

Offline 2TN Mules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2011 - 18:09:11 »
Mules. I got a prime time seat for Primals bow/bear hunt. It's called Ohio. Feel free to come join me. ;)

LOL, color me there!