Author Topic: The official USS NCAA and NFL football thread.  (Read 17804 times)

Offline gunforhire

• U.S.S. Legend
  • If all else fails, smash the **** out of it!
    • View Profile
Re: The official USS NCAA and NFL football thread.
« Reply #45 on: 09 Oct 2011 - 18:47:28 »
Good rant.  Hey how are you liking Having eric decker?  kid is a frickin beast.

Offline HiPoint45

• U.S.S. Legend
  • When you say clip..you've said it all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09 Oct 2011 - 19:43:20 »
The beast must have been asleep today, a net negative 4 yds....and if you have Decker in fantasy (I don't play fantasy myself) I'd trade him cause if they switch QBs, Tebow isn't that good at possession routes and Tebow will run it in for score taking away Deckers chances for scoring opps, despite today though, I do like Decker and Mcgahee showed today why I hated him when we played Baltimore.

Offline xICEMANx

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10 Oct 2011 - 07:22:18 »
The beast must have been asleep today, a net negative 4 yds....and if you have Decker in fantasy (I don't play fantasy myself) I'd trade him cause if they switch QBs, Tebow isn't that good at possession routes and Tebow will run it in for score taking away Deckers chances for scoring opps, despite today though, I do like Decker and Mcgahee showed today why I hated him when we played Baltimore.

I picked up Decker this week but he is on my bench. Glad I didn't start him. I'm a Chargers fan and I couldn't believe they blew that big of a halftime lead. Glad we held on, got a little lucky there at the end.

Offline Dalem

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
  • Go Gators!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 Oct 2011 - 12:44:25 »
Richt Accidentally Kills Mascot    
Written by The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman   
Thursday, 27 October 2011

Temporary Georgia mascot, Russ, died early Wednesday morning after being struck by a car driven by Georgia head coach Mark Richt. The accident occurred on-campus around 6 a.m. Russ was on his morning walk with his handler, Jennie Hickson, when the leash slipped from her hand and Russ ran into the street as Richt was driving by. The Georgia head coach was distracted while he was driving after he did that thing where you're holding a cup of coffee and you look at your watch and spill coffee on yourself. There were no other witnesses at the scene.

However, after the accident happened, Richt butt-dialed a recruit who heard a frantic Richt on the other end. ''I'm getting ready for school and my phone rings and I see it's Coach Richt and I'm like 'I just talked to this dude before I went to bed, now he's calling me first thing in the morning?'' said recruit Keith Marshall. ''So I answer the phone and hear him like panicking. I heard him say something like, 'Let's just dispose of the body and get a new dog. No one will know the difference.' I was like 'Whoa!' I hung up because I heard too much.''

Richt would not comment on the details of what happened, but said he was deeply sorry and that this is a sad time for everyone in the Georgia family. The NCAA is looking into Richt's phone call to Marshall, a possible secondary violation.

''This is completely my fault,'' said a distraught Hickson. ''I don't know how the leash slipped out of my hand. He was such a good dog. I can only take solace in the fact that he's in a better place now and no longer has to watch Georgia football.''

Georgia's UAA released a statement saying the accident was unfortunate and that Russ was an exemplary mascot and will be missed. The Bulldogs will honor Russ by wearing all black uniforms and lying down and playing dead for 60 minutes on Saturday vs. Florida.

Offline plinker

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27 Oct 2011 - 12:51:08 »
Go OSU COWBOYS
A 9mm may expand but a .45 never shrinks.

Offline Fish

• U.S.S. Expert
  • Can I buy you a drink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03 Nov 2011 - 13:05:06 »
Go OSU COWBOYS

As a K-State fan I hope you guys win every game but the one this weekend  :P

I'm not feeling to confident about this game :-[
Where's the kaboom?   There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom?

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03 Nov 2011 - 15:46:34 »

Temporary Georgia mascot, Russ, died early Wednesday morning after being struck by a car driven by Georgia head coach Mark Richt. The accident occurred on-campus around 6 a.m. Russ was on his morning walk with his handler, Jennie Hickson, when the leash slipped from her hand and Russ ran into the street as Richt was driving by. The Georgia head coach was distracted while he was driving after he did that thing where you're holding a cup of coffee and you look at your watch and spill coffee on yourself. There were no other witnesses at the scene.

However, after the accident happened, Richt butt-dialed a recruit who heard a frantic Richt on the other end. ''I'm getting ready for school and my phone rings and I see it's Coach Richt and I'm like 'I just talked to this dude before I went to bed, now he's calling me first thing in the morning?'' said recruit Keith Marshall. ''So I answer the phone and hear him like panicking. I heard him say something like, 'Let's just dispose of the body and get a new dog. No one will know the difference.' I was like 'Whoa!' I hung up because I heard too much.''

Richt would not comment on the details of what happened, but said he was deeply sorry and that this is a sad time for everyone in the Georgia family. The NCAA is looking into Richt's phone call to Marshall, a possible secondary violation.

''This is completely my fault,'' said a distraught Hickson. ''I don't know how the leash slipped out of my hand. He was such a good dog. I can only take solace in the fact that he's in a better place now and no longer has to watch Georgia football.''

Georgia's UAA released a statement saying the accident was unfortunate and that Russ was an exemplary mascot and will be missed. The Bulldogs will honor Russ by wearing all black uniforms and lying down and playing dead for 60 minutes on Saturday vs. Florida.

The old 'play dead for 60 minutes' was good enough!  24-20? Oh my!  Go DAWGS!!!
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline Dalem

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
  • Go Gators!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03 Nov 2011 - 16:32:39 »

The old 'play dead for 60 minutes' was good enough!  24-20? Oh my!  Go DAWGS!!!

LOL!

Yep, congrats on a great game, you guys did really good.... I was wondering after the two opening loses you guys had what kinda season ya was going have but ya'll turned it around..........I told everyone at the start of the season if we made it to a .500 season this year I would be happy.........It's going to be you guys, and think it's going to be Ga, or S.C. taking the east this year and going to Atlanta, good luck.... Bama and LSU are awesome this year and going to be hard to beat which ever one ya face ......;J

Speaking of which, the Bama and LSU game is going to be the game of the year this weekend, my brother in law is a HUGE Bama fan and he's been talking crap since the start of the season....It's been hell having to put up with him and my sister in law recently..... >:(

Offline HiPoint45

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04 Nov 2011 - 09:07:21 »
Well at least my QB has an easy name to mock..Tebow becomes TeBLOW with addition of one letter. The 4 trips winless to the superbowl before 97 were less painful than the last couple years..we traded Cutler for this mess??

Offline fudd

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04 Nov 2011 - 09:13:41 »
Well at least my QB has an easy name to mock..Tebow becomes TeBLOW with addition of one letter. The 4 trips winless to the superbowl before 97 were less painful than the last couple years..we traded Cutler for this mess??
Te-bag. Maybe my Browns would want him. :brow:
Don't talk to strangers.... unless you know them really well.

Offline Dalem

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
  • Go Gators!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05 Nov 2011 - 06:15:40 »
Whether ya are a Bama fan or an LSU fan tonight's game is going to be awesome.....I've been to a lot of Bama games over the years with my brother in law so I have to say "ROLL TIDE"!!

Offline HiPoint45

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05 Nov 2011 - 09:54:40 »
I think LSU has the mojo this year I'm going to take them by 6.

Offline HiPoint45

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05 Nov 2011 - 18:49:08 »
alright new game after halftime lol. I think those missed fieldgoals are going to haunt 'bama this second half I'm still going to stick with LSU by 6 after halftime adjustments, it's weird that Saban has a championship with both teams playing tonight.

Offline HiPoint45

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05 Nov 2011 - 20:39:42 »
dammit it would have been 6 pts if he wouldn't have stepped out at the 7 yd line...LSU by 3 in OT.

Offline HiPoint45

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 06 Nov 2011 - 17:23:20 »
Watching some football today the question occurred to me.."Am I a sexist?" I don't think I am I love women and don't really care what they do for work etc as long as they don't whine but I really really really ****ing hate this trend of female sideline reporters at games. Is it just me? Some of them know the game better than I do probably but it just feels wrong to me to see these women in their fashionable coats etc on the sidelines with the players and there's always the insipid question like today at the Green Bay game "How tiring is it for you guys "tee hee" you were on defense a long time.." Jesus Christ on a cracker if I didn't just finally buy this flat screen I swear I'd toss the ****ing remote through it. Well there the swearing made me feel better, rant over.