Author Topic: PrimalSeal, USAF Retired  (Read 160 times)

Offline PrimalSeal

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
PrimalSeal, USAF Retired
« on: 01 Oct 2017 - 20:39:07 »
Well boys, those of you who are friends of mine on Facebook already know that I am officially retired from the United States Air Force. I was medically retired, since having 4 major spine surgeries on my neck and lower back in the last 18 months. I'm currently at 90% disabled, but that should increase to 100% once my full rating kicks in and certain upgrades are made to my rating. Other than that, I finally have come into a hunting lease, so weekends are spent there in preparation for hunting season. Aside from that I split my time between home, church where I'm a member of the praise and worship team playing guitar/bass/vocals and am active with the Youth Group, and Gulf Coast State College where I'm a full time student as a music major, course of study Guitar Performance. I've not done much shooting in quite a while, but am slowly getting back into it as my neck and lower back heals. Anywho, just thought I'd stop in and say hi. Hopefully I can get back to my normal life again since my medical issues seem to have leveled off. If you guys need anything, you know where I am, I'll be around and trying to get online more in the coming months.
"I'd rather be frozen and free, than warm and enslaved." ~RG_86 in a discussion about the difference between Alaska and California.

C'mon Hobbes, if you lend me a buck, I'll buy you a comic book. ~Calvin

I got a fever and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!!!     ~Bruce Dickenson

Offline Corelogik

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Digital Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Rambling's of a Geek,...
Re: PrimalSeal, USAF Retired
« Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2017 - 21:12:48 »
Glad your back.  :thumbsup:

:armed_liberty:

= U.S.S. XXXX Slings, Coming Soon! =

"Hey you, out of the gene pool. NOW!"
"Our shields can't repel ignorance of that magnitude!"
"Somethings are true, whether you believe them or not,..."
"Always remember, 'Mil-Spec' is a MINIMUM requirement. Built by the lowest bidder,..."

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2017 - 05:55:40 »
After following your career over the past few years and the surgeries you have had, I know that a career ending medical retirement was probably the last thing you wanted. I know that after each surgery you (and we) hoped it solved the problem, but the 'solutions' came up short and left you suffering and in pain - a lot of pain, physically and emotionally.  I know that you are proud of your career  - and rightfully so, but I also think you know that it was tough for you to be Mission Ready.  It is too bad the Air Force could not have used your talents more in a training program rather than hands-on so that you could have shared your abilities with those coming into POL activities.  The same attitude that got you through those 'recovery' periods (after surgeries) can now be channeled in the pursuit of your goals in civilian life as you adapt.  I wish you the best of luck and good to see you back on the Forum. (Which does not mean I still won't kid you about titanium or being Air Force instead of Marine - but life ain't fair - is it!)  ;)
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline PrimalSeal

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 Oct 2017 - 13:21:02 »
I would expect nothing less.
"I'd rather be frozen and free, than warm and enslaved." ~RG_86 in a discussion about the difference between Alaska and California.

C'mon Hobbes, if you lend me a buck, I'll buy you a comic book. ~Calvin

I got a fever and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!!!     ~Bruce Dickenson

Offline Kevron

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
  • Wish I had a Portal Gun
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2017 - 08:37:09 »
panem et circenses

Bloggerific - kbakerdrums.wordpress.com

Offline fordman

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 Oct 2017 - 11:53:42 »
Enjoy the retirement sir.

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 Oct 2017 - 12:44:20 »
Whats that about a titanium air jar head?

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 Oct 2017 - 05:40:57 »
Inside joke from the old HPFF days.  My first post in that forum was on a discussion Primal was leading (or involved in) and I 'stepped into a pile of smelly stuff' when I made mention of titanium.  I thought the BAM-HAMMER was coming down on me for that post!!!!
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 Oct 2017 - 07:19:50 »
Yeah, I know.  It was just a mention of all of it.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.