Author Topic: New Corvetter  (Read 88 times)

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
New Corvetter
« on: 14 Sep 2017 - 08:30:06 »
And a 1 inch crack totaled it.  GOTTA go look at the pics there.  It can really make you cry.  :'(

Nemo

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/heres-how-a-corvette-was-totaled-because-of-one-inch-of-damage/ar-AArTrGs

Here's How A Corvette Was Totaled Because Of One Inch Of Damage

Jalopnik
Jason Torchinsky

When we think of a car being wrecked so badly that it’s effectively totaled, we tend to imagine pretty gruesome, mangled wrecks. What we don’t usually picture is an incident that left damage so small you could hide it with your thumb, but that’s exactly what happened to one deeply unlucky Corvette.

The incident—it’s too minor to really be called a wreck—happened late last month, as a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport owner who goes by cdm85-251 on CorvetteForum. I reached out to the ‘Vette’s owner, and here’s how he described what happened:

"On July 19, my wife and I were in the middle of northbound late in heavy traffic heading back from Des Moines on I-35 by Ankeny, IA. The vehicle in front of us had cleared an object that was lying in the middle of my lane. I couldn’t avoid it or stop without causing what would probably be serious accidents for multiple vehicles. I had no choice other than to go over it, hoping it was small enough to go under the car.

.  .  .

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.