Poll

What can do I carry into the Irmageddon

Glock 19
2 (50%)
1911 Commander
1 (25%)
HK45c - take the suppressor and suppressor barrel with me for defending my position.
0 (0%)
PPQ 9mm
0 (0%)
Something else? Can't carry my rifle though
0 (0%)
Take one of the options 1 - 4 but take your M&P22c with a threaded barrel cause ninja.
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: I am in Central Florida, INCOMING IRMAGEDDON!  (Read 87 times)

Offline battousai

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
I am in Central Florida, INCOMING IRMAGEDDON!
« on: 08 Sep 2017 - 21:25:12 »
Welp gents, I am not evacuating, but since I am a single Dad I have decided that it's better to spend the hurricane with a friend then do it with just you and the kiddo. I will be taking 3 days of water with me, leaving 4 days behind, but that should be enough that even if I have to drive back to get the rest it will be ok. I have a water purifier good up to 100,000 gallons, and I am bringing at least 3-4 days worth of food. My Camaro engine blew up in August, and so I went and bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited just in time for Irmageddon.

For giggles, what handgun do I take with me?

To anyone else stuck in this storm. God speed my friends. PM me and I will try to respond in time with my number if you need a central Florida contact. Off to an adventure.

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
Re: I am in Central Florida, INCOMING IRMAGEDDON!
« Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2017 - 05:40:20 »
I would NOT worry about a suppressor!  (I want them to know!!!!!)  Good luck.  If you need anything, let me know.  I have a lot of family in Orlando and they are all staying. 
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 Sep 2017 - 10:28:16 »
Seems Irma decided to swing west.  Currently it looks like Tampa will get hammered.  With a big hammer.  Hit several times.

When I lived there on some of the roads were signs marking where a storm surge of X feet would be.  Its a bit scary when you are stopped at a traffic light and look at a power pole and see a sign 2 feet above your pickup roof saying -- 8 Foot Storm Surge-- and look around the neighborhood.  News is anticipating a surge there of 10-13 feet and fair chance of 15 foot.

There is a whole lot of GTFOutta there going on.  And I suspect not nearly enough.

One last thought-- Take them all and take a rifle.  With ammo.  Lots of ammo.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Corelogik

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Digital Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Rambling's of a Geek,...
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2017 - 14:55:55 »
I'd take the G-19. Best all around on the list if you cant take a carbine or rifle with you.

:armed_liberty:

= U.S.S. XXXX Slings, Coming Soon! =

"Hey you, out of the gene pool. NOW!"
"Our shields can't repel ignorance of that magnitude!"
"Somethings are true, whether you believe them or not,..."
"Always remember, 'Mil-Spec' is a MINIMUM requirement. Built by the lowest bidder,..."