Author Topic: My first wheel gun  (Read 204 times)

Offline Hamster

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Class Clown
    • View Profile
My first wheel gun
« on: 21 Jul 2017 - 21:50:40 »
Well, I finally did it..............I got myself a wheel gun. Actually, I traded a Bersa .380 that I was somewhat dissatisfied with for it and even got $35 back.
It's not really my "1st" wheel gun but, it's the first one that's not rimfire, single action only or older than dirt.
It's dirt cheap but, works well and has some sort of parkerized finish rather than being blued. It's .38 SPL only and not +P rated but, that doesn't really matter to me. I won't be carrying it either. It'll just be a fun range gun and maybe even a "night stand" gun.
I'm guessing it was designed to reduce cost and/or have fewer moving parts but, the cylinder release button is bass ackwards. You pull it to the rear to release the cylinder rather than pushing it forward like most modern revolvers.
It has a smooth crisp trigger in both SA and DA. SA trigger pull is about 4.5 pounds. I can't measure the DA trigger pull because my el cheapo analog scale only goes up to 8 pounds but, it feels about the same as my Nagant revolver which is about 12 pounds.
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2017 - 21:58:54 by Hamster »
Don't talk about what you have done (or what you
are going to do). Do it and let it speak for itself.

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
Re: My first wheel gun
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2017 - 04:17:56 »
 :thumbsup:

I am not sure if it is the "NEMO Effect" or not, but I know I have doubled the amount of wheelies I have over the past two to three years, going from a New England Firearm .22 9 shot and a S&W 28-2 and adding a couple of .44 magnums (Ruger Super Blackhawk and Interarms Virginian Dragoon) and a S&W pre-Model 10 "Victory" .38 to inventory. (...and still looking!)
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2017 - 06:24:02 »
HHMMM??? Cylinder release bassackward?  Try COLT setup.

You do realize that Armscor is where the majority of Colt machinery went when they got stupid and decided no more civilian sales 20 or so years back. 

Basically that is a Phillipine made Colt Diamondback.  Congrats on you.  You are beginning to see the light and the truth.

And while we are here, either one of you two do this?  It is the most important thing you can do this month.  And it only takes a bit of clicking and typing.

http://www.universalshootingsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,12186.0.html

Nemo*

*you all did notice that Colt is coming out with a new Cobra.?
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2017 - 06:29:11 by Nemo »

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Hamster

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Class Clown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2017 - 10:42:28 »
HHMMM??? Cylinder release bassackward?  Try COLT setup.

You do realize that Armscor is where the majority of Colt machinery went when they got stupid and decided no more civilian sales 20 or so years back. 

Basically that is a Phillipine made Colt Diamondback.

No..........didn't know that. The only other "Colt" copy I have, is a single action so..........it doesn't have that.
The grip is rigid ABS and the edges were ever so slightly "off" in a couple of places. The most noticeable was the tip, right under the trigger guard. Easy fix though. A few light passes with a small file took care of the issue and now, it's smooth and comfortable in my hand.

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2017 - 19:04:50 »
So did you click that link and then the one inside there and sign that petition?  That is IMPORTANT gents!

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Hamster

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Class Clown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2017 - 21:06:31 »
So did you click that link and then the one inside there and sign that petition?  That is IMPORTANT gents!

Nemo

Done.