Author Topic: Remember Hi Points  (Read 309 times)

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
Remember Hi Points
« on: 02 Jun 2017 - 14:06:34 »
Anyone?  Anyone around here?

Nemo

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/hi-point-firearms-low-cost-robust-accurate-really/

Hi-Point Firearms: Low Cost, Robust, and Accurate — Really?
Posted on June 1, 2017 by AmmoLand Editor Duncan Johnson

Hi-Point Firearms

U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- Hi-Point Firearms produces more than 150,000 firearms a year and there are several reasons for that. First, of course, is price. Other companies produce pretty, nifty-looking 9mm, .40 or .45ACP pistols; some are just flat-out beautiful. You pay for that beauty, though, to the tune of $500 to more than $1,200 MSRP.

Hi-Point pistols are not real pretty or fancy – but they are not expensive, either! Think of them as the original all-purpose, industrial-grade, working man's guns. While other brands produce Cadillacs, Ferraris and Lambos, Hi-Point is more like the all-round, heavy-duty, ranch-use pickup truck. For the price of a like caliber pistol from a “name” maker, you can buy three Hi-Points and 500 rounds of good ammo. Not a bad deal.

Hi-Points are low in cost because they are not fancy. The internals are stamped and machined from steel forgings. They are designed for manufacturing ease to keep the price down, with no fancy grips or shiny parts – just real robust, reliable construction that stands up to years and years of hard use.

A bullet fired from a $205 Hi-Point goes just as fast as it does from a $2,000 pistol. And, the same goes for practical accuracy; no difference. Actually we have found the Hi-Point to out shoot many of the much more expensive pistols.Yes, ya gotta step up to a couple of grand or more if you need one-inch groups at 50 yards, but then you won't be carrying that pretty little puppy with you in the pickup or anywhere else it might get a scratch. But if you can tolerate a handgun that gives you two inches at 50 feet – which covers most $1,000 guns, too – then a $205 Hi-Point will fit the bill (and how many of us can shoot that accurately without the bench anyway?).

Hi-Points are made for real use in any environment, which may mean shoving it into a tackle box when fishing in dangerous areas, banging around in a glove compartment, car trunk, tool box, farm tractor case, or back pack. Hi-Points are made to go where few people want to go with their $600.00+ handguns.

Okay, we have pitched you enough.

The bottom line is this: Hi-Point Firearms makes robust, reliable, accurate, affordable (but not cheap), industrial-grade, working man's handguns and carbines intended for serious hard use where a ding or scratch will not make the owner cry. They are daily users that almost anyone can afford, they are all American-made, from a 30-year old company, and they even come with a lifetime warranty!

About MKS Supply, LLC:

MKS Supply insists on high quality, reliable firearms. We insist on guns that are easy to own and service. Most of all, we insist on value.

For more information, please visit www.MKSSupply.com.

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline DIPISC

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Remember Hi Points
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2017 - 15:17:25 »
Hi;

I am still tempted in getting a .45 Pistol and Carbine   w/ about 10 extra mags.   Funds are low for now, Gun Show coming up on the 8-9 June and have to be thrifty (cheap ) at that !

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2017 - 05:55:36 »
Be both thrifty and cheap at the show.  Get the Hi Point. 

Nemo

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Corelogik

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Digital Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Rambling's of a Geek,...
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jun 2017 - 05:56:45 »
I still have my C9 and JHP. Love 'em. Need to go ahead and get a couple carbines to go with them here eventually.

:armed_liberty:

= U.S.S. XXXX Slings, Coming Soon! =

"Hey you, out of the gene pool. NOW!"
"Our shields can't repel ignorance of that magnitude!"
"Somethings are true, whether you believe them or not,..."
"Always remember, 'Mil-Spec' is a MINIMUM requirement. Built by the lowest bidder,..."

Offline Hamster

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Class Clown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jun 2017 - 07:11:48 »
I've had one each of all of their pistols except the .380 at one time or other and I don't think I'll ever buy another but, I do still want to get one of their carbines.
Don't talk about what you have done (or what you
are going to do). Do it and let it speak for itself.

Offline CamoDeafie

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
    • SB-Tactical
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jun 2017 - 11:55:23 »
Redball Sports are saying that they have a .40/.45 20rd magazine in the works, and are gearing up production for the mags to go with the .45 carbines and pistols.... no pictures yet, and their site still says "see our new products at dealer shows this Spring and Summer!" so there's a few months wait already, even though they said the mags would be out in April, then May, then June, and now after Summer apparently. Said to be a different configuration than the 995 20rd magazines.... I highly doubt that they will be fully single stacks because dude adding 11 more rounds to the bottom makes them much longer than the 15 rd 1911 magazines already out.,,, I get the feeling that the extra 11 rounds will be in a double stack "battery pack" bottom that feeds into the single stack top column... kind of like the Surefire 60 rd magazines.
in light of PRISM and similar monitoring efforts;
"Privacy is not of major concern in the Soviet Union; it is often contrary to the collective good"-Political Officer on Red October (The Hunt for the Red October)
my blog on tactical gear making and bicycle and randomness!
http://sbtactical.wordpress.com/

people call me an artist. I simply am someone who makes pretty lines

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jun 2017 - 13:33:18 »
For that, I'd break out the 4595 'safe queen' and have a blast!
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 Jun 2017 - 16:49:58 »
I went to a Cowboy shoot on Saturday past.  And for something to take with me, just to shoot afterwards I took the C9 I kept when I bought the 3 for $50 each a few years back and sent to mom to checking out.  Sold 2 at $125 each so I made $100 on the deal with a free pistol thrown in.

Anyway, I shot 50 rounds through the one I still have, keeping all on paper at 7 yards and life is good. The vast majority were in the 9 or 10 ring on a 24 inch square target. The more I shoot that thing the more I like it.  Were the sights a bit larger or more vision line attracting to shooter it could become my EDC.

Methinks I must inspect my wife's nail polish stack.

Nemo