Author Topic: Hawaii prepping  (Read 107 times)

Offline DIPISC

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
Hawaii prepping
« on: 19 Apr 2017 - 12:02:18 »
Hi;

Viewed a report on Fox News yesterday about with the current N.Korean stuff going on that the State of Hawaii is now prepping for a nuclear scenario. It seems that they have let the Cold War preps lapse into limbo and much of the infrastructure is either lost/forgotten or in disarray.

I would say that around here it is that way as well. The only effort around here is the yearly TMI exercise that really only lasts @ 3-4 hours. Listening to my scanner tells me that things are really bad for responders since the local Ham in charge is "importing" volunteers. 5-10 years ago - people had to be turned away from volunteering. Equipment has been moved/lost and/or misplaced.

Supposedly, N. Korea has stuff that could hit the Left Coast but the Loons there do not seem to care or be worried. What a shame of how they turned that beautiful part of the Country into Loony Haven !

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Hawaii prepping
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2017 - 19:18:08 »
Sure be a shame to have glass beaches there.  But from a political view . . .. 

And the aftermath?  Put your backhoe to work, everyone will want a bunker.  Shame I had to sell both my bunker and backhoe for scripts.  Remember how all that worked out Core?

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.