Author Topic: Layaway  (Read 335 times)

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Layaway
« Reply #15 on: 16 Apr 2017 - 07:50:36 »
My wife said I have to sell guns or power ranger toys to pay it off. Goodbye autographed ranger collection!

So you have to change your tagline in the box to the left.  (They are related, right?)

My wife would tell me to sell my collection of whatever, not buy the Mossberg and grow up.  Hope you did not get that flak.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Corelogik

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Digital Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Rambling's of a Geek,...
« Reply #16 on: 16 Apr 2017 - 13:55:50 »
My wife said I have to sell guns or power ranger toys to pay it off. Goodbye autographed ranger collection!

So you have to change your tagline in the box to the left.  (They are related, right?)

My wife would tell me to sell my collection of whatever, not buy the Mossberg and grow up.  Hope you did not get that flak.

Nemo

I have very few collections. The ones I do have, are from things that I have been into since childhood. IF I had a wife, and IF she told to sell a collection and grow up, I might with respond with; "OK, how much are divorces these days,..." LOL!

:armed_liberty:

= U.S.S. XXXX Slings, Coming Soon! =

"Hey you, out of the gene pool. NOW!"
"Our shields can't repel ignorance of that magnitude!"
"Somethings are true, whether you believe them or not,..."
"Always remember, 'Mil-Spec' is a MINIMUM requirement. Built by the lowest bidder,..."

Offline chris829

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
  • Lets make it showy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 Apr 2017 - 21:25:51 »
She has no problem with me collecting toys, but she isn't putting any of our money to it. I can't wait to shoot this thing.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Offline Hamster

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Class Clown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 Apr 2017 - 06:39:33 »
I have very few collections. The ones I do have, are from things that I have been into since childhood. IF I had a wife, and IF she told to sell a collection and grow up, I might with respond with; "OK, how much are divorces these days,..." LOL!

Speaking of childhood collections...........once upon a time, I had a rather vast collection of original Star Wars toys and collectibles, which I stored in the attic when I left for the military. I didn't find out until it was too late, that my mom had sold the house and moved without bothering to clean out the attic.  :blink:
As soon as I did find out, I contacted the new owners only to be informed that they had cleaned out the attic themselves and sold all my stuff for next to nothing in a yard sale.

Don't talk about what you have done (or what you
are going to do). Do it and let it speak for itself.

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 Apr 2017 - 06:52:33 »
Bad part of it all is my wife wants me to sell some of my guns.  Said I didn't need anywhere near that many.  Well, thats what I was told before I had to sell them to buy scripts and stuff.  Only have my EDC and a break barrel 20 ga now.

Nemo

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline battousai

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 Apr 2017 - 14:33:48 »
"our money" on a hobby you enjoy?

Next time she wants to spend money on something she wants, use that tagline and see how long you sleep on the couch.

I understand times are still tough for some people on the forum, but my ex-w who left me to raise our son solo at least let me budget to buy a lever action out of "our money."

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2017 - 19:07:57 »
But I long ago truly learned--- Its always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Nemo  8)

Offline chris829

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
  • Lets make it showy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 May 2017 - 22:31:24 »
Our money is going to a trip to ATL for Dragon Con again. Conventions cost a lot and are our vacations. Oh! I'm only $50 away!

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.