Author Topic: April 2017 - CCW, what if anything are you carrying?  (Read 269 times)

Offline battousai

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
Hello my fellow concealment carriers.

This time last year I was carrying a 1911 aluminum framed commander full time with a P238 as my primary pocket gun when I was in "less then friendly places." But new year, means new concepts. I participated in my first competition using my Glock 19, so lately I have been carrying a Glock 19 either IWB or OWB and a Walther PPS IWB / pocket carry.

I plan on shooting my Glock 19 until I win a competition with it. Probably the better gun would be the "Glock 17" for it. But hey, just having fun and using it as an excuse to shoot a ridiculous amount of ammo. Also a new fad I have picked up is the light on your gun fad. Yeah, I am calling it a fad. In many ways, I am using the light over night sights. I carry my Glock 19 sometimes with a TLR-1 and sometimes not. I also just purchased a Viridian C5L to pocket carry with my PPS & I am planning on buying a purpose built holster for IWB as well.

So what is the gang carrying nowadays?

Offline Corelogik

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Digital Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Rambling's of a Geek,...
Re: April 2017 - CCW, what if anything are you carrying?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Apr 2017 - 19:33:57 »
Just got an M&P Bodyguard .380 a couple months ago. So far I'm liking it a lot.

:armed_liberty:

= U.S.S. XXXX Slings, Coming Soon! =

"Hey you, out of the gene pool. NOW!"
"Our shields can't repel ignorance of that magnitude!"
"Somethings are true, whether you believe them or not,..."
"Always remember, 'Mil-Spec' is a MINIMUM requirement. Built by the lowest bidder,..."

Online DIPISC

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 Apr 2017 - 09:12:51 »
Hi;

It has been years since I carried concealed ( to a wedding @ 2002 ). If I had to - it would be my 2" .357 wheel gun or a .25 Raven semi. If Hillary would have been elected - the Storm Troopers would have busted into my house by now and taken everything ! Also, there is no need to have a weapon when you are in a re-education camp, you are just trying to stay warm and scrounge food!

My Bug Out Bag in the truck consists of a HiPoint 9MM Pistol and Carbine.

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 Apr 2017 - 09:30:13 »
My EDC is a S&W 5906.  I love the stainless steel (FULL) make and 15 round mag.  I figure if you need a second magazine you best be calling air support. ( but yes I do routinely carry mag #2)  This weapon is in a OWB leather pancake.

When I need to go to really deep cover its a Springfield Ultra Compact 1911 with 6 round mag.  Deep it rides in an AlienGear IWB.  Near disappears so even I cannot see it.  My wife has looked several times and had to ask.  On occasion it rides in an OWB pancake with 2 spare mags on the belt.

If I go somewhere I need a second, I will slip my Sterling Arms (yeah an oldie but goodie) model 302 in a back pocket.  But if its somewhere I may need a backup, I do not go to that somewhere.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Hamster

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Class Clown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 Apr 2017 - 18:17:21 »
Same thing I've been carrying for a couple of years now.........my M&P Shield. I did upgrade it a bit though.

Don't talk about what you have done (or what you
are going to do). Do it and let it speak for itself.

Offline Dracosfire83

• U.S.S. Expert
  • When 911 don't work. I use 9mm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 Apr 2017 - 21:39:29 »
Still carrying my PX4 Storm. I changed out the standard 17 round mag for the 20 and when I get the time I want to upgrade the sights. The factory sights are getting a bit dingy and slowing down target acquisition.
Give me a minute and I'll change your mind, give me a bullet and I'll change you're life.

Offline AGuyNamedMike

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 Apr 2017 - 11:23:11 »
S&W 649, in my pocket all day every day.

Offline writerinmo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Old, grumpy and non-tolerant of idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2017 - 18:15:30 »
SCCY CPX-2. If I have to go up around St. Louis, I switch out to my P95
http://elby.yolasite.com/
Mosin sight tools

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website and store

Offline jeeper

• U.S.S. Plinker
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2017 - 19:30:16 »
A Ruger LCP...

Offline chris829

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
  • Lets make it showy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 Apr 2017 - 21:37:36 »
My little red LCP

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Offline fordman

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2017 - 15:48:29 »
Kahr CW45 really nasty areas ill throw in my taurus .357 mag or firestorm 1911

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2017 - 05:51:56 »

10+1 in .45acp
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline TacticalJHP

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • "Take yer hat off boy, that's a dollar bill!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 May 2017 - 16:55:13 »

10+1 in .45acp

I have been considering that, or a 1911 Titan for my .45 CCDW. Considering how much I like my full size 1911, i think a compact would be great, but I also love my Pt111.

Then again, there is always the nagging M&P45 shield, and it would go nicely with my M&P45 full size.

I recently switched from my snub to a Taurus PT111 G2 pro in an Ailen Gear Cloak Holster.

~Guys, I have tried other holsters, but Ailen Gear is the ONLY CCDW holster I'm using from now on!~

Ok, i'll stop advertising now....

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."

Offline Hamster

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Class Clown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 May 2017 - 08:29:28 »

10+1 in .45acp

How well is that one functioning for you? I bought one of those years ago but, ended up returning it for a refund because it would FTF on the last round out of both mags, every single time, regardless of what ammo I was using.
Don't talk about what you have done (or what you
are going to do). Do it and let it speak for itself.

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 May 2017 - 06:07:55 »
It was on the 'recall' list from Taurus, so I (dutifully) returned it (and a 24/7 OSS in .45acp) to Taurus.  Initially, they were to inspect it for safety. They were going to offer to replace it with a G2 model or pay up to $200.  That was in early August 2016.  I reverted back to my P11 as EDC. By November, Taurus still had not 'inspected' it "due to an overwhelming' response.  I asked them to return both guns and in the meantime, I found another PT145 on Gunbroker - so I bought it (they were going cheap!).  Also bought another 24/7. Finally got both back (a month or so apart) and now the PT145 is back to my EDC.  The issue (as I understand it) was, if you engage the safety and pulled the trigger, the gun could fire.  I just don't pull the trigger with safety "on".
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson