Author Topic: 7 mm Mauser ( Argentine )  (Read 512 times)

Offline DIPISC

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
7 mm Mauser ( Argentine )
« on: 29 Jan 2017 - 13:40:48 »
Hi;

At the last gun show a vendor was selling Argentine 7mm Mauser rifles. These were rust buckets for $99 each.  The rust does not bother me - I will work them as clean as I can get them. My concern will be checking for the best 1 's for rifleing. If i talk him down on buying more than 1 - I will. I did not see any sales of these for 3-4 hours that I was there.

1; does anyone know if there was a major distributor that sold these weapons in the past and at what price ?

2; anyone know the quaility/dependability that these weapons may have once been known for ?

These weapons appeared to be kept like some of the Mosins I bought and with some TLC they shaped up very well/good.

from what I saw online 7mm ammo is not cheap.

thoughts/comments

Offline writerinmo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Old, grumpy and non-tolerant of idiots
    • View Profile
Re: 7 mm Mauser ( Argentine )
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2017 - 17:38:34 »
Probably from SARCO's bankruptcy sale.
http://elby.yolasite.com/
Mosin sight tools

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website and store

Offline DIPISC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2017 - 05:55:12 »
Hi;

A 3 day gun show is scheduled this weekend and I want to get to it and see if that vendor returned with some of those rifles. I'll get 1 and maybe 2 of them and if they work out decently, I'll get a business card from them and/or home/business location and get more during /before the next show. I should have taken a chance on 1 of them at the last show. If it turned out bad then I will just have another Gun Safe Queen !

The roads will be back in shape by then from this Nor' Easter  we got today.

keeping my fingers crossed for sure !

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2017 - 08:49:05 »
Seems like any rifle has got to be worth $99 (if for parts only) and if it shoots - $100 !!!!  ;)
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2017 - 12:58:33 »
Thats my thoughts.  Anything that shoots and you can find bullets for is worth a Franklin.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline DeShooter

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2017 - 16:37:26 »
Hi;

A 3 day gun show is scheduled this weekend and I want to get to it and see if that vendor returned with some of those rifles. I'll get 1 and maybe 2 of them and if they work out decently, I'll get a business card from them and/or home/business location and get more during /before the next show. I should have taken a chance on 1 of them at the last show. If it turned out bad then I will just have another Gun Safe Queen !

The roads will be back in shape by then from this Nor' Easter  we got today.

keeping my fingers crossed for sure !

Where's the gun show?  Harrisburg?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.....Benjamin Franklin, in personal memoirs (1775).

For to save mankind's future freedom, we must face up to any risk that is necessary. We will always seek peace--but we will never surrender.....John F. Kennedy  (16 November 1961).

Offline DIPISC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2017 - 03:23:38 »
Hi;

DeShooter,   Yes at the Farm Show Building. Depending when I get plowed out is when I get to check it out. 

Offline DeShooter

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2017 - 13:51:41 »
Just heard about this today on the radio. Thinking about checking it out if I don't have to work this weekend.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.....Benjamin Franklin, in personal memoirs (1775).

For to save mankind's future freedom, we must face up to any risk that is necessary. We will always seek peace--but we will never surrender.....John F. Kennedy  (16 November 1961).

Offline DIPISC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 Mar 2017 - 15:46:31 »
Hi;

Well, that vendor was not at the Gun Show yesterday - so I guess that buying 1 of those rifles is now over with. I deleted all of the reference information on the weapon that i had on the 'puter and just bought other items with the money projected for that purchase.

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2017 - 05:28:21 »
Ahhh, the reallocation of funds!  ;)
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2017 - 09:12:04 »
Shifting monetary priorities.

Seems we both speak government some.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.