Author Topic: buymilsurp.com  (Read 3972 times)

Offline writerinmo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Old, grumpy and non-tolerant of idiots
    • View Profile
buymilsurp.com
« on: 14 Mar 2015 - 18:58:40 »
A note to let everyone here know that ELBY tools and buymilsurp.com have parted ways. Mark, the owner there seems to have decided that having someone manufacture copies of my sight adjusting tools and continuing to sell them listed with myself as the manufacturer would be a "good idea''... be aware that the tools he has listed on his website are NOT from me and I will honor no warranty on them. I am currently taking steps in order to make sure that I can determine whether a tool that might need warranty work (not likely, haven't had any at all in three years!) is actually mine or not, tools from today on will have a random number stamped on them that only correlates with my personal database for confirmation. I would appreciate any assistance in getting the word out, I know a lot of you frequent forums that I don't.
http://elby.yolasite.com/
Mosin sight tools

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website and store

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
Re: buymilsurp.com
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2015 - 06:25:43 »
Look into getting a cease and desist letter written to them.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline fudd

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2015 - 07:18:18 »
That sucks.  Maybe also do what Nemo said. I think he went to college.
Don't talk to strangers.... unless you know them really well.

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2015 - 07:59:35 »
Grajeated high school and school high.  Did you?

Nemo

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline writerinmo

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2015 - 08:54:07 »
I'm putting out some feelers to find someone to do the drafting of technical drawings for me, I'll attempt to file for patents on my own as a "micro-entity", also try and trademark the two tool names. Money I didn't need to spend at the moment as I'm trying to get geared up for the move to the boonie house.
Mosin sight tools

Offline fudd

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2015 - 10:01:15 »
Grajeated high school and school high.  Did you?

Nemo
did I wut............
Don't talk to strangers.... unless you know them really well.

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2015 - 12:24:47 »
Tac is in school for that drafting stuff.  Make it a project for him.

Nemo

Offline 2TN Mules

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
  • Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2015 - 13:54:12 »
Look into getting a cease and desist letter written to them.

Nemo

Be more satisfying to give him 5 across the lips and a pop knot on his head!  :thumbsup:

Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. - Woodrow F. Call
Civility is not a sign of weakness. - JFK

Offline writerinmo

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2015 - 12:01:49 »
Well, we may be getting this thing hashed out... could have been completely avoided with some communication, actually some RESPONSE to my attempts to communicate. Mark has sent me pictures of his stock and what he has on hand is indeed tools that I made, but his explanation of how he suddenly "found" over 100 tools just makes me pause in wonder about his business model. Evidently he split his stock at some point for some reason, no real explanation, but expected me to track his stock, even though the only levels available to me were on his online store. And when he stopped splitting stock, THOSE tools got stacked up somewhere and sat untouched. Then, his clerk went through the warehouse or wherever and did counts and updated ALL inventory onto his web store.

man, a response to the email I sent last week, or the one that I sent through his "contact me" form sure would have been nice IMHO. I guess my belief that a timely response to my suppliers and buyers must be outdated or something.
Mosin sight tools

Offline TacticalJHP

• Global Moderator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • "Take yer hat off boy, that's a dollar bill!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 Mar 2015 - 13:42:54 »
Well, we may be getting this thing hashed out... could have been completely avoided with some communication, actually some RESPONSE to my attempts to communicate. Mark has sent me pictures of his stock and what he has on hand is indeed tools that I made, but his explanation of how he suddenly "found" over 100 tools just makes me pause in wonder about his business model. Evidently he split his stock at some point for some reason, no real explanation, but expected me to track his stock, even though the only levels available to me were on his online store. And when he stopped splitting stock, THOSE tools got stacked up somewhere and sat untouched. Then, his clerk went through the warehouse or wherever and did counts and updated ALL inventory onto his web store.

man, a response to the email I sent last week, or the one that I sent through his "contact me" form sure would have been nice IMHO. I guess my belief that a timely response to my suppliers and buyers must be outdated or something.

Suspicious. As. ****.

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."

Offline writerinmo

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2015 - 19:15:04 »
I only had doubts about one tool that I never sent any quantities of, but his explanation does make sense, although his business model doesn't. What he did was "split" the stock and had two inventories that I had no way of tracking. He wanted to try and sell on ebay, his brick-and-mortar store and on his website. Now, if he had mentioned this to me I would have shot him down on the ebay thing as a retailer just can't compete with a manufacturer there, there just isn't any profit margin by the time he paid ebay their cut and shipping, his prices needed to be at least $7-$10 higher than what I had driven the copy-cats down to on that market. Every time they would start jacking their prices up on ebay I would flood the auctions with buy-it-nows priced way below theirs, in order to get a cut of the sales they had to stay close to my prices.

Splitting his inventory this way just created chaos as far as keeping track of inventory, he would have been much better off keeping a central inventory and linking ALL sales into that database. What ended up happening was I never saw the inventory count go up after I sent him tools, as he would detour those into one of his other sales venues. When he decided to stop trying to sell on ebay after no sales for months, he just basically "forgot" about all the boxes designated for sales on there.

Two months ago he hired a gal to take care of his website, sift through the inventory and get all his stuff counted and tagged as well as shipping. This she did, which caused the huge jump in counts. Of course, if he had bothered to answer either of the two emails I sent to him inquiring about this, none of this would have ever come to be, which he accepts and apologizes for, and we have a "new and improved" method of communicating now, with this gal (hope she can handle it) responsible for stock watch and contacting me with what tools are needed when the count drops under 20 on hand. I'll still be sending those tools for the drawings though, it's a good idea to at least get provisional patents going to give me protection for a year in order to get the utility patent done. Once we get moved, our rent will be half what it is here, and I'll have all my shop in ONE location instead of split between the shop and basement here which will be a great time-saver. Of course I will need to take time off to chainsaw a 100 yard range out of the woods though... :blink:
Mosin sight tools