Author Topic: Ammo deals that aren't really deals at all  (Read 510 times)

Offline Hamster

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Class Clown
    • View Profile
Ammo deals that aren't really deals at all
« on: 04 Dec 2016 - 08:55:57 »
I just got an email flyer from CDNN Sports claiming HUGE savings on rimfire ammo but, their "sale" prices are higher than most people's regular prices!
Here are a few examples:
Federal 22LR Auto Match semi-auto 325 round bulk pack for $29.99. I just saw the exact same box a couple of days ago at sportsmansguide.com for $19.99.

Remington 22LR Hollowpoint 525 round bulk pack (these are those el-cheapo golden bullets that shoot so dirty, they gum up your gun). Regular price $59.99 on sale for $39.99. This is the exact same box you used to find at Walmart for around $10.00.

CCI 22 WMR TNT Green Hollowpoint 50 round box for $19.99. I can buy these at my local gun shop for $15.00.
Don't talk about what you have done (or what you
are going to do). Do it and let it speak for itself.

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Ammo deals that aren't really deals at all
« Reply #1 on: 04 Dec 2016 - 17:05:47 »
They are usually not worth the time to read.  But on occasion they make it all a good deal.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline writerinmo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Old, grumpy and non-tolerant of idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2016 - 16:39:47 »
Lately I've seen decent prices on rimfire on Academy's website, plus their over $25 free shipping can't be beat.
http://elby.yolasite.com/
Mosin sight tools

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website and store

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 Dec 2016 - 06:16:46 »
Funny how that works.  I go to quite a few gun shows and can always find overpriced ammo (or guns or accessories).  Online flyers cause me to make rash purchases (Yep, Grab-A-Gun made me buy 2 rifles on Black Friday) and then go to the Gun Show for ammo that is not in stock locally!  8 months ago, the call came out that we would have a 50 BMG for Schutzenfest, but needed ammo.  How many local shops stock it!  The VERY NEXT DAY, Widener's sends their daily email and LO AND BEHOLD, 50 BMG ammo is listed and 4 to 5 days later 200 rounds of it shows up here.  :D
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline DIPISC

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2017 - 16:24:04 »
Hi;

Was at a local Gun Show yesterday and from what I saw prices have not come down in the past 9 months here. That's the past 3 Gun Shows locally.

The only good thing is that there    IS   ammo and plenty of it.

Did not see but a       few      people carrying out a  500 - 1000 rd case(s).

Attendance looked about normal while I was there.