Author Topic: Gear for SHTF/Bug Out  (Read 410 times)

Offline DIPISC

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
Gear for SHTF/Bug Out
« on: 05 Aug 2016 - 13:49:58 »
Hi;

Finally , I went to Kmart yesterday and bought some fishing gear for my SHTF/Bug Out project.  Nothing fancy since I do not know when/if I will use it - but better to have it on hand and ready. I did  not spend a lot - the Rod/Reel and Knife were the "high" dollar items.  Just some split shot, 3 varieties of Hooks on fishing line, some hooks not on fish line and several swivels and a few flies  to say that I have something to work with.

When I was a kid , all we had was worms and dough ball for bait. If anyone of us had spinners and fake worms - it was too fancy for back then !

The rod is a Zebco  ( they are still around after all these years) !

This weekend I am going to stretch out 30-40 ft of line to straighten it out. Way back then we use to have problems casting if we did not do that prior to first day of trout !

Offline jungshin

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
  • Really?! I'm So Confused,.
    • View Profile
Re: Gear for SHTF/Bug Out
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2016 - 09:40:02 »
i through a pack of hooks and a roll of line in mine. figure if i needed it that would be enough: tree branch for a pole foam cup float/strike indicator and a worm means dinner

plus if its a drop line off a tree branch i don't have to stand there wasting time i can set camp or something else while a fish caches itself
esse quam videre. to be rather than to appear

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Gear for SHTF/Bug Out
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2016 - 13:40:34 »
Worms, bread balls and corn were the only bait we ever used as kids.  Worked well.  I guess we have too many artificial fish for that today!
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson