Author Topic: Knives seem to be a passion now  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Deymorin

• U.S.S. Legend
  • This is my avatar
    • View Profile
Knives seem to be a passion now
« on: 12 Jan 2016 - 20:44:09 »
Last time I was here I posted some stuff I was working on, well I finished some broke one and rebuilt my forge.I'll just show you.

That bowie I was working on devlopement a crack that I determined was a result of uneven heating on the heat treat so I built another forge, a pass through this time

It works much better than the precious so I got busy on another bowie thus time with some success.

This next one I don't have a finished pic of but the handle turned out really well fiddle back maple

Here's two of the skinners, brazillian cherry and linen micarta

I haven't finished this one but I managed to pull a pretty good hamon out of it

Made this for the grandmother in law, she had been wanting a cleaver for chopping barbecue for a while, she liked it

Give this to a good buddy of mine at work, handle is paper micarta white cardstock with black for a liner

And this a camp knife I'm traded to a guy for more spring steel, burlap micarta camo

Yeah I got it real bad now, between work and this the wife hardly sees me, which may or may not be a bad thing for her.
When I bend air my wife grabs the lysol

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

BTW, I'm Christian, but I do not claim denomination, nor will I defend my beliefs. I believe what I believe, and I don't care what you belive, I only care about how you live and if you're a person I'd be willing to take a bullet for. Beyond that, I really don't give a ****.       Primalseal

Offline dahed

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Knives seem to be a passion now
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2016 - 05:46:30 »
V E R Y  N I C E !!!
Nec Aspera Terrent

Body Piercing by Smith & Wesson.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that is remotely true. Homer Simpson

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2016 - 06:49:12 »
How do you get that wave pattern in the tang?  Beat it against a mold?  CNC machining or magic?

And the black stuff under the wood grips, epoxy or?

Nemo
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2016 - 18:44:17 by Nemo »

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline fudd

• U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2016 - 08:24:24 »
Dam, those are Purdy. Well done....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't talk to strangers.... unless you know them really well.

Offline DeShooter

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2016 - 15:15:48 »
WOW  :thumbsup:

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.....Benjamin Franklin, in personal memoirs (1775).

For to save mankind's future freedom, we must face up to any risk that is necessary. We will always seek peace--but we will never surrender.....John F. Kennedy  (16 November 1961).

Offline Deymorin

• U.S.S. Legend
  • This is my avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2016 - 03:32:29 »
How do you get that wave pattern in the tang?  Beat it against a mold?  CNC machining or magic?

Its suppose to be a vine and thorn pattern, I wish I had a better pic of it, but a chain saw file and triangle file it's not really hard just takes a little time

And the black stuff under the wood grips, epoxy or?

Nemo

I add powdered graphite to the epoxy  and really slather it on so it squishes out and fills the holes.
When I bend air my wife grabs the lysol

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

BTW, I'm Christian, but I do not claim denomination, nor will I defend my beliefs. I believe what I believe, and I don't care what you belive, I only care about how you live and if you're a person I'd be willing to take a bullet for. Beyond that, I really don't give a ****.       Primalseal