Author Topic: hunting camo waistpack all done!  (Read 584 times)

Offline CamoDeafie

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
    • SB-Tactical
hunting camo waistpack all done!
« on: 17 Oct 2015 - 17:43:56 »
Done with the beast! Thrift shop had the fabric, most of 2 yards with just a 14x17 piece missing in one corner in 1000D Poly/Nylon Mossy Oak Bottomland camo for only $6.99, so I acquired the fabric, then went and got the webbing and hardware needed to make it...

Specs;
16 long, 10 high, 6 deep for a 960 cubic inch main pack volume

7x3 MOLLE webbing panels on padded belt wings

38" total belt pad length

16x6 shoulder pads

4-6 compression straps

2 bedroll/pad straps

weight? I have no idea.... maybe a pound and a half to two pounds?

This is an ideal to me bird hunting rig... Could use for camping, but really, I have plenty of bags for just camping ;)

Pattern cut out for the waistpack design.

Enormous shoulder pads; the better for use with rifles or shotgun buttstocks for hunting

Large hunting waistpack all done; it is easily the largest of the waist/butt packs I own. From L-R below the newly made waistpack, DCU MOLLE add-on pouch/Get-home bag/overnight bag, DCU USGI MOLLE Waist Pack, Olive green copy of USGI butt pack

Detail of the side compression straps for the pack

Top straps for compression or pad/bedroll

Zipper detail; only the second time in my entire life that I have attached a zipper to something... Might have to redo the lid corners though.

Loaded up for pictures; pad on top, two Coyote Brown pouches per side on the MOLLE belt panels. I honestly think Ranger Green MOLLE pouches would blend better with it..shown on top of the old Mossy Oak Shadow Leaf camo poncho I made a long long time ago..

« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2015 - 19:28:22 by CamoDeafie »
in light of PRISM and similar monitoring efforts;
"Privacy is not of major concern in the Soviet Union; it is often contrary to the collective good"-Political Officer on Red October (The Hunt for the Red October)
my blog on tactical gear making and bicycle and randomness!
http://sbtactical.wordpress.com/

people call me an artist. I simply am someone who makes pretty lines

Offline toddallen21

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
    • View Profile
Re: hunting camo waistpack all done!
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2015 - 17:45:41 »
Nice work sir! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline CamoDeafie

• U.S.S. Distinguished Expert
    • View Profile
    • SB-Tactical
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2015 - 18:11:26 »
Nice work sir! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks man! :) If all goes well; I should be able to have the necessities for hunting all packed into it, as well as emergency shelter/kit :)
in light of PRISM and similar monitoring efforts;
"Privacy is not of major concern in the Soviet Union; it is often contrary to the collective good"-Political Officer on Red October (The Hunt for the Red October)
my blog on tactical gear making and bicycle and randomness!
http://sbtactical.wordpress.com/

people call me an artist. I simply am someone who makes pretty lines

Offline toddallen21

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2015 - 05:12:30 »

Thanks man! :) If all goes well; I should be able to have the necessities for hunting all packed into it, as well as emergency shelter/kit :)

That be great pack,wish i had skills to make stuff like that myself :cool2: :thumbsup: