Author Topic: Bow Sight/Arrow Rest issue  (Read 956 times)

Offline PrimalSeal

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
Bow Sight/Arrow Rest issue
« on: 14 Sep 2015 - 15:24:21 »
Ok, so I bought a new arrow rest for my bow, and after the guys at the bow shop installed it, the bow is shooting about 2 inches low at 30 yards. So, I try to lower my sight to adjust, and no change. I ended up bottoming out my sight, and I still can get this thing to group for anything.  I even took out my top pin so I could adjust in the other 4 pins starting at 20 yards going out to 50, but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

"I'd rather be frozen and free, than warm and enslaved." ~RG_86 in a discussion about the difference between Alaska and California.

C'mon Hobbes, if you lend me a buck, I'll buy you a comic book. ~Calvin

I got a fever and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!!!     ~Bruce Dickenson

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Bow Sight/Arrow Rest issue
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2015 - 17:50:15 »
Adjust your aimpoint and keep in mind to aim a hair high.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine its time to call in air support.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline rickm

• U.S.S. Marksman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2015 - 18:15:11 »
Dont know for sure but is it possible that you can move your arrow nooks down alittle which would raise the tip of arrow, just a suggestion since i dont really know much about bows except how to shoot them.

Offline Hamster

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Class Clown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2015 - 21:18:28 »
I think he means nock point. Just make sure the arrow sits at exactly 90 degrees to the string while sitting on both the arrow rest and nock point. If not, adjust accordingly.
My personal favorite arrow rest is a fall-away style but, they can get rather expensive. My 2nd best choice would be a whisker biscuit.
Don't talk about what you have done (or what you
are going to do). Do it and let it speak for itself.

Offline PrimalSeal

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2015 - 07:18:48 »
I had a whisker biscuit that I took off to put the new one on. It was completely worn out, so it needed to be replaced. The one I put on is an Axion Archery drop away that's hydraulically actuated so it will never bounce back and hit the arrow. I also took the bow to the shop the other day and they adjusted everything, and paper tuned it while they had the bow, so according to the "experts" at the shop, that bow should be able to be sighted in, only it's not. I'm completely at a loss as to what to do right now.
"I'd rather be frozen and free, than warm and enslaved." ~RG_86 in a discussion about the difference between Alaska and California.

I got a fever and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!!!     ~Bruce Dickenson

Offline Super Virgil

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • 'Stainless' 3%er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2015 - 09:13:49 »
Who is Primalseal? Is he a newbie? You should post I. The welcome aboard section buddy. Other than that, I have nothing constructive to add to this thread. Carry on.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." ~ Optimus Prime

3%er

Offline PrimalSeal

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2015 - 09:11:09 »
You can always remember who it was that recommended you for promotion to Admin, or go the way of your predecessors.

Offline Corelogik

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • Digital Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Rambling's of a Geek,...
« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2015 - 14:26:22 »
Who is Primalseal? Is he a newbie? You should post I. The welcome aboard section buddy. Other than that, I have nothing constructive to add to this thread. Carry on.

IKR?

You can always remember who it was that recommended you for promotion to Admin, or go the way of your predecessors.

LOL

:drop_mic:

:armed_liberty:

= U.S.S. XXXX Slings, Coming Soon! =

"Hey you, out of the gene pool. NOW!"
"Our shields can't repel ignorance of that magnitude!"
"Somethings are true, whether you believe them or not,..."
"Always remember, 'Mil-Spec' is a MINIMUM requirement. Built by the lowest bidder,..."

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2015 - 15:15:29 »

Thats why I gave him the quick simple answer.  I wasn't sure if this was the old one or some scurrilous wag that hijacked his password.  Hell, thinking about it I still ain't sure.  Except the scurrilous part, I am sure thats applicable.  The wag part is still questionable tho.

Nemo

I came into this world kicking, screaming, covered in someone else's blood. I certainly don't mind leaving the same way

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Super Virgil

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
  • 'Stainless' 3%er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 Sep 2015 - 04:25:12 »
Keep calm primal. I'm just raZZING YOU
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." ~ Optimus Prime

3%er

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 Sep 2015 - 08:08:27 »
Has he been back for any length of time or were those just strafing runs on us.

Nemo

Offline PrimalSeal

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 Sep 2015 - 22:27:59 »
Now that my divorce is finalized and I have money to put back into my guns and hunting adventures, I'll be back around more and more as things settle down a bit. There for about 15 months I was out of pocket $1,000.00 a month to my attorney just to keep myself from living on the street.

Offline toddallen21

• U.S.S. Sharp Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 Sep 2015 - 06:56:03 »
Now that my divorce is finalized and I have money to put back into my guns and hunting adventures, I'll be back around more and more as things settle down a bit. There for about 15 months I was out of pocket $1,000.00 a month to my attorney just to keep myself from living on the street.

Wish you the best bud

Offline Nemo

• U.S.S. Legend
  • Man of Myth and Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 Sep 2015 - 07:13:37 »
So a fall meeting might work for you come end of Oct or Nov?

Nemo

Offline PrimalSeal

• Administrator
  • U.S.S. Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 Sep 2015 - 08:12:34 »
We're going to be super busy at work for the next few months with flying exercises and such, I'll have to let you know when I'm going to be available.